Caring for Sensitive Skin & the Planet
For generations, Aveeno® has relied on nature’s soothing and healing properties to help provide care for all skin, even the most sensitive. Just as skin can be vulnerable and require special care - so can our planet. This is why we are thoughtful about the choices we make. From choosing ethically-sourced ingredients from suppliers who treat their workers safely and fairly to reducing our environmental footprint. We promise to continue doing our part, learning and evolving, as we continue this journey together!
Ethical Farming & Sourcing
From day one, we have worked with farmers to source and process our natural ingredients in a way that preserves their purity and therapeutic properties.
- Our oat is 100% pure, non-GMO, and food grade
- Oat crops use eco-friendly practices like crop rotation which can help reduce soil erosion and control plant diseases, insects, and weeds, as well as pesticide-free fields to help preserve quality
- Oats extract less nutrients from the soil compared to some other crops, and require less water, avoiding depletion of underground water sources which can otherwise occur as result of crop irrigation
- Surplus oat grain and processing by-products are consumed by livestock and mixed farms have the benefit of the resultant manure to enhance soil structure and fertility
To preserve the beauty of our planet, we are committed to reducing packaging waste and using more recyclable, recycled, and renewable materials.
- Today, over 80% of Aveeno® bottles are recyclable. (Percentages are weight-based estimations based on a representative sampling of products)
- In 2020, we began introducing post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR) into our new packaging
- We offer refillable packaging for select cleansers and washes
- By the end of 2022, all Aveeno® cartons will use Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified paperboard
Our 2025 Commitment:
- 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging