Caring for Sensitive Skin + the Planet
For generations, Aveeno has relied on nature’s soothing and nourishing properties to help provide care for all skin, even the most sensitive. Just as skin can be vulnerable and require special care - so can our planet. This is why we are thoughtful about the choices we make toward reducing the environmental footprint of our products. We promise to continue doing our part, learning and evolving, as we continue this journey together!
- Oats are non GMO and we proudly source our oat flour in a purposeful way to help preserve its purity.
- Oat crops use eco-friendly practices like crop rotation which can help reduce soil erosion and control plant diseases, insects, and weeds.
- Oats extract less nutrients from the soil compared to some other crops, and require less water, avoiding depletion of underground water sources which can otherwise occur as result of crop irrigation.
To preserve the beauty of our planet, we are committed to reducing packaging waste and using more recyclable, recycled, and renewable materials.
- In 2020, we started incorporating post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR) in our new packaging. We’ll increase this across our portfolio, over the next few years
- By 2022, we will start to offer:
- Refillable packaging for our facial cleansers and body washes
- Home compostable, plant-based wipes
- By 2025 our goal is to use
- 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging
- 100% certified paperboard or recycled-content in our paper cartons