NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The AVEENO® Proudly Sensitive Skin Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on October 25, 2022 at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 15, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”). Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.’s (“Sponsor”) computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH BYTEDANCE LTD., TIKTOK, OR INSTAGRAM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY ENTERING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU SIGNIFY, CONSENT, AND AGREE THAT SPONSOR MAY SHARE YOUR ENTRY ON THE AVEENO® WEBSITE AND SOCIAL CHANNELS AND OTHERWISE USE THE ENTRY AS SET FORTH BELOW.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, operators, franchisees and all of their respective advertising, promotion, or fulfillment agencies, promotional partners, and entities involved in the development, implementation, or handling of the Sweepstakes and other persons associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, step-parents, step-siblings, and step-children, regardless of where they live) and same household members of each such employee, officer, director, or representative (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules may participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., 199 Grandview Road, Skillman, NJ 08558.
3. How to Enter: You must be a member of Instagram or TikTok (as applicable) and your account must be set to the “public” setting in order to participate. If you do not have an Instagram or TikTok account, you can get one for free. All applicable platform terms and policies apply. During the Promotion Period, to enter: (1) post to your personal TikTok or Instagram feed/page a video sharing your skin story about what it means to have “Proudly Sensitive Skin”; (2) tag @AveenoUS (Instagram), @Aveeno_US (TikTok); and (3) use #ProudlySensitiveSkin and #sweepstakes (“Entry”). Entries that do not include all required hashtags or tag @AveenoUS (Instagram), @Aveeno_US (TikTok), will not be eligible. Entry must comply with all requirements set forth in these Official Rules to be eligible. Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Multiple Entries from any entrant will be void.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, all Entries:
- MUST NOT discuss personal medical conditions or other health information that you don’t want to be public – Entries may be re-posted by Aveeno owned and operated sites and channels;
- MUST NOT discuss or disclose personal information regarding an individual other than the entrant, or otherwise invade privacy rights of any person;
- MUST NOT provide or refer to any medical advice;
- MUST NOT include any personal identification, such as street address, e-mail address or phone number;
- MUST NOT include names, voices, visuals of any third parties, including, but not limited to, minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness, or include public or private figure look-alikes;
- MUST NOT be obscene, sexually explicit, or suggestive; be unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; be profane or pornographic; endorse a hate group or contain nudity;
- MUST NOT promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- MUST NOT defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies;
- MUST NOT contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others, without permission, such as include clothing with visible logos, cartoons, or phrases, distinctive packaging, or building exteriors/interiors, to the extent permission is necessary;
- MUST NOT plagiarize content from any source or contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, performances and other content or works of art or images published, broadcast, or streamed on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- MUST NOT communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; or violate any law.
Grant of Rights: By submitting an Entry, entrant explicitly grants to Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, unlimited, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, publicly display and publish, edit, create derivatives of, and otherwise use the Entry and all elements of such Entry (including the video), together with any other material, and the name, user name, city and state of residence, voice, image and/or likeness of entrant (including, but not limited to, profile photo) associated with the Sweepstakes, with or without first and/or last name credit to the entrant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including online and social media sites, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and the brand website, in any manner, in whole or in part, without compensation or notification to, or approvals or permission from or to entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade. Entries that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. Entrant agrees that, if required by Sponsor, he/she will sign documents to this effect. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Sponsor has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
Each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry complies with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that they determine is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same TikTok or Instagram account (as applicable). Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple and different identities, or accounts, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Proof of submission of Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about January 6, 2023, Sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all Entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible Entries received. The potential winners will be notified from Aveeno Brand social handle via the platform they used to enter via direct message or comment on their winning Entry from @AveenoUS (Instagram) or @Aveeno_US (TikTok) on or about January 9, 2023. Potential winners will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond to the initial notification by providing additional contact information including an email address. Potential winners will be sent via email from Sponsor’s agency, Golin Harris International, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release Prize Acceptance Form (“Prize Document”), which must be executed and returned within five (5) days of issuance. If a potential winner does not respond to the initial notification within the twenty-four (24) hour period, return all Prize Document within the specific period, or in the event that a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or is disqualified for any reason or does not wish to accept the prize, such potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prize (2): Sweepstakes prizes include one (1) virtual thirty (30) minute mentoring session with Hyram Yarbro and Aveeno’s resident scientist, Sabrina Henry, and one (1) thirty (30) minute virtual mentoring session with Tia Mowry and Aveeno’s resident scientist, Sabrina Henry. The prizes have no retail value. Exact details of mentoring sessions will be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability. Prize winners must be available to participate in mentoring sessions by February 28, 2023. NO MEDICAL ADVICE WILL BE PROVIDED AS PART OF THE MENTORING SESSIONS. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
6. Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
7. General Conditions: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any platform, or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and (c) award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
8. Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by its own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Entries or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Entries. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entries or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Entries or any material based on or allegedly based on the Entries, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, its affiliates, successors, and assigns, TikTok and ByteDance Ltd., Meta Platforms, Inc. (dba Instagram), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical, typographical, mechanical, network, human or other error which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstake, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (5) for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, garbled, inaccurate, or illegible Entries.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
10. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
12. Winners List: For a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by January 31, 2023 to: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., c/o Aveeno® Brand Team, 199 Grandview Road, Skillman, NJ 08558, by no later than 30 days after the end of the Sweepstakes.
Copyright ©2022 Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. All trademarks shown are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.